The Australian Digital Alliance Forum is the peak event for discussion of pragmatic, creative copyright reform options that seek to ensure balance in copyright for the public interest. With a range of speakers and panels, the Forum is a must for anyone interested in the present and future of copyright in Australia.
The theme for this year’s Forum is Innovation 2016: The Case for Law Reform. With the Government’s National Innovation and Science Agenda, the Productivity Commission’s Inquiry into Australia’s IP Framework and the new portfolio arrangements, 2016 is shaping up to be a year of innovation for Australia’s copyright sector.
Keynote speakers will include:
- Professor Ian Hargreaves, Professor of Digital Economy at Cardiff University on opportunities for copyright and innovation; and
- Professor Kenneth Crews, Columbia Law School and the Munich Intellectual Property Law Center on Australia’s library and archive exceptions in the international context.
Also featuring sessions on:
- Digital growth in the Australian creative industries
- The implementation of the Marrakesh Treaty for the Visually Impaired and related amendments
- Copyright education initiatives in Australia
- The global copyright reform agenda
- The wacky world of copyright in 2015
- Reimagining copyright in 2016
.. and more!
Members tickets are $80 and earlybird non-members are $180. For more information on the program and ticket sales see the event on Eventbrite.